If you haven’t heard already, Fred, the new Google update is here and it’s here to stay. Hearing about a new Google update is always scary because you never know how it will affect your website rankings and ultimately the amount of traffic going to your website. From past experience, I have seen some updates that have helped increase some people’s rankings and some that have decreased rankings on other websites. This is why it is so important to look into what exactly makes up these google updates and have a trained SEO expert helping you. I am happy to say 100% of our client sites did not drop in rankings due to the Fred update, and some went up!
Website Ranking For St Joseph MO Businesses
So what exactly does the Fred update mean and what happens if it affects you? Here are the main components that may affect your website with this recent update.
- Ads – If your site is heavy with ads, you will see that your ranking has been hit. The more ads your site has the more likely the rankings have gone down. Google is wanting high quality relevant content on pages rather than ads. If you have seen a recent decrease in rankings I would suggest that you look at the amount of ads on your page as opposed to content. Consider removing some of those ads and increase the amount of quality content you have on that page. This should help to remedy the decreasing in rankings.
- Quality Content – you want your site to have quality content that is unique. Posting the same information over and over or unreadable content is not helping out your site. Always remember quality over quantity but too little is not always good
- Spammy Links – sites with lots of spammy links will have seen a decrease in rankings. Avoid using spammy links by utilizing links from sites with higher authority and traffic coming to them.
- Orphaned accounts. If the backlinks going to your website are from what we call “orphaned” accounts, then there is a chance your site may become penalized. Orphaned accounts basically are websites that get no traffic and do not have a proper business entity built around them. Many black hat and uniformed SEO “experts” will use what are called private blog network “PBN” sites that are unrelated to your websites theme and then will send non-relevant links to your site to help your rankings. This is old-school tactics from uninformed SEO people that have not kept up to date but now can definitely hurt your rankings
Here are some things business owners need to consider:
- If you don’t know what you are doing with internet marketing, then hire someone that does. Too many businesses think that they have the knowledge and skill to make and rank their own sites. These businesses are penny wise and dollar foolish, usually trading in small dollar amount spent for even a lower dollar back in = negative ROI.
Traffic, quality content and entity build out are ultimately what will save you from most penalties. If your backlinks come from trusted sites and your website is not horrible, most times you will not get penalized by any of the Google updates.
St Joseph MO Search Engine Optimization
If you have even a clue about what you are doing, please consider the following:
- Quality of backlinks matter, always remember quality over quantity
- Do not use dofollow sitewide links
- Avoid paid links, link pyramids or link exchanges
- Make sure your links have relevancy
- Diversify your anchor text
- Avoid using bots or other automated tools for backlinking
If your business website has lost ranking recently, due to the recent “Fred” update, or you are just looking to partner with a true SEO that understands ROI, KPI, Traffic Generation, Satellite Sites and other relevant information about growing your business online, then please contact us today by filling out our application. We only will work with selected businesses that truly understand the value of what can be accomplished. Please click on our “discovery form” to get started.